I'm interviewing an atheist this Friday

Category: By Roger Saner
I'm interviewing Kevin at TGIF in Pretoria this Friday on his beliefs. He used to be a Christian - and even was on the Baptist WOW Team for a year. Then "God" fell to pieces, shattered by rational thinking and observation. We'll be having a civil conversation about his story - and helping others listen better, hopefully.

From the TGIF weekly email:

************
KEVIN PARRY & ROGER SANER - CONVERSATION WITH AN ATHEIST.
at the Seattle Coffee Company, BROOKLYN MALL.
************

It's easy to break down a straw-man. Trouble is, not many real people are made from straw. And perhaps breaking down shouldn't always be our main priority either.

Kevin Parry and Roger Saner are friends. Kevin is an atheist. Roger is a theist. That makes for some interesting conversations between them. Don't miss this TGIF with a difference as Roger interviews Kevin on what he does and does not believe - and why. The interview isn't about winning arguments, but about increasing our understanding of each other.


Technorati Tags:
 

8 comments so far.

  1. Melanie July 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    I can't wait to hear how this goes.
  2. Roger Saner July 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    Me neither! :) How did you find this blog, Melanie?
  3. Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    Sounds great! Definitely post after...Hope you are well.
  4. Melanie July 31, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    Well, I may have found it because of my secret super powers... or I may have found it because it's linked through all the NC sites/people. You decide.
  5. Roger Saner August 1, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    @Melanie: Awesome! Secret super-powers! Sweet! Kinda like that girl in Heroes who could log into instant messenger in her head?

    @jennyjack: it went well! Will be podcasting it shortly...
  6. Melanie August 5, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    My super powers do not extend to getting podcasts in my head... where can I find this? By the way have you heard of TED? www.ted.com
  7. Roger Saner August 5, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    I'll be putting it on the FutureChurch podcast - as soon as I get the recording from someone else. The iPod I borrowed to record it skipped every 30 seconds...*sigh*

    TED has some freaking talks - every time I need inspiration I watch one - they're amazing! Any favourites, Melanie?
  8. Melanie August 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Something to say?