Saying goodbye

By Roger Saner
So this year at NieuCommunities is almost at a close. Our last official day is next Friday, November 14th. We'll then hang around for a few days, and I'll probably come back to Joburg on Sunday November 16th. The big day is December 13th, when I'll be getting married to Danya, so the next month is doing planning and hanging out with her to make sure we don't lose sight of the reason for the planning.

After the wedding we have a week, then we fly to the States (where her parents stay) and then to Canada for a month or so, having Christmas with her extended family and doing some travelling. On our way back to SA we'll stop over in London for a few days to see my sister Stacey and her family. Then it's back to Joburg and driving to Cape Town in early Feb - Danya starts studying a Master's in Diversity Studies in mid-Feb.

Pray all the visa stuff comes right! It's complicated, to say the least. The next few months will be hectic, but I'm hoping for a kind of peace in the middle of that.

Which brings me back to the present, and the last week at NieuCommunities. It's emotional for me, as I don't like goodbyes, and we're stretching this one out a bit. I've grown to love this community and the people here, and it's a challenge to say goodbye well. Part of that means grieving, and we all do that in different ways. My temptation is to get lost in the preparations of wrapping things up and in finishing up some website work. I'm finding myself to have less energy, and want to move away from solitude and reflecting. My sleeping patterns are...all over the place...although I'm getting a lot done!

On top of that we're doing wedding planning, sustaining a long-distance relationship, I'm doing my heart project (an "express what's happened in your heart this year" art experiment) as well as doing website work...and finishing up assignments and reading for NieuCommunities. Time is short! There's an impromptu bachelors party happening on Saturday night too...
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?