A September update

Category: By Roger Saner
I've been back at Pangani for a week-and-a-half and it's been great! Cape Town was a superb experience, although I was only able to hook up with the apprentices twice. Seeing my sister Lyndi (and her fiance - my future brother-in-law - Andre) ahead of her wedding there in October was fantastic - and she let me sleep on her living room floor - thanks Lynd! I was doing a training course - NLP Master Practitioner through AHT - and managed to learn lots of things about myself which has some life-changing consequences.

One of them is that I'm awake at 7am today processing my tasks and getting ready for the day. I think all of the NC people (especially Amanda!) are kinda amazed at this new development - none more than me! Turns out I had the following beliefs:

  • You're not allowed to enjoy what you do

  • Nothing is worth getting out of bed in the morning for


Changing these has been fun! I find myself more at peace and more able to engage with community and relationships. Hooray!

We're in the middle of a process called Life Compass where we're figuring out the important things in our lives and what we want to do with them. It's been good so far: last week I realised that although I do technology stuff really well, I don't like the process - only the result (I get to build cool stuff). Yet this is what I've spent the last 5 years doing - and it's an energy drainer!

So I look forward to finding out what I come up with as a better way of doing life...

Technorati Tags: , ,
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Melanie September 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    You're back online! I'm glad you had a great time in Cape Town, and while I think the first learning is awesome... but um I'm not really sure getting up in the morning actually IS a good thing... brainwashing? ;)
  2. Jenny Jack September 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM
    I can't believe you guys are already in life compass! Sounds like you're having fun with it. Good times.
  3. Roger Saner September 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    @melanie: thanks - Cape Town was great! :) As for the brainwashing: I resisted it for months but in the end, I gave it. It's wonderful - you should try it! (read 1984?)

    @jenny jack: yip, coming up to week 3 of Life Compass - it's a fantastic process! :)
  4. Steve Hayes September 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    Too many tweets not enough blog posts!
  5. Melanie September 18, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    yes, and Animal Farm... but I hardly see this as a point in brainwashing favor...

Something to say?