Zimbabwe for the weekend

Category: By Roger Saner
2 of our group are heading to Zimbabwe this weekend to be with people and hear their stories. Just after hearing about this, I was emailed this post on the 24-7 prayer site, about a Canadian who talks about why she has moved to Zimbabwe, a nation in turmoil, while so many are leaving it, and her hope to see Jesus "impact and invade that nation for his glory."

I wish the South African government had done more about Zimbabwe; I wish the Church had done more; I wish I'd done more. All I'm doing now is praying for the crisis to be over, for life expectancy to rise and there to be food on the shelves again.

Good luck, guys!
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Unknown April 22, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    Keep us posted, Roger
  2. Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 8:48 AM
    Hey Roger,

    A few of us have started the 100% tip challenge. It works like this: when we eat at a restaurant we ask the waiter where they're from. If they're from Zimbabwe we tip them 100%. It's amazing how many Zimbabweans are working in Gauteng, serving as a lifeline to their family's back home.
  3. Breitenberg May 3, 2008 at 12:52 PM
    thanks for your prayers rog look forward to your thoughts on my zim article.

Something to say?