TGIF

Category: , By Roger Saner
I'll be attending as much of TGIF as I can this year, since being in a different city means I don't know lots of people, I want to plug into networks and interesting conversations at any opportunity. TGIF was originally started as an apologetics group for young professional Christians but after running for 6 (?) years it's a bit more open that that. The meetings are on Friday mornings at 6:30am - in Hyde Park, Cresta, and Woodmead (sometimes), and in Brooklyn in Pretoria. Thorsten has asked me to talk at Brooklyn on Feb 29th (which is a great date - as he said, don't think anyone has ever spoken at TGIF on that date)...and I think I'm going to talk on new monasticism.
 

6 comments so far.

  1. Steve Hayes January 28, 2008 at 8:09 PM
    That's quite close to where I live -- maybe I'll try to get there.
  2. Steve Hayes February 2, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    Is this confirmed yet?

    Can I invite others?
  3. Roger Saner February 4, 2008 at 11:22 PM
    Yip, I'll be speaking on Feb 29th - hooray! On new monasticism - what it's about and how it relates to monasticism (well, specifically Benedictines, but hopefully it'll apply across the board).
  4. Steve Hayes February 5, 2008 at 4:41 AM
    Thanks Roger - it's in my diary.

    Hope I can make it, and see you in the flesh.
  5. Cobus February 19, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    I'll be there as well (if I get ou of bed that early, you must understand that this is EXTREMELY early for me). Will be bringing a friend or two along as well.
    Cobus
  6. Roger Saner February 21, 2008 at 4:57 PM
    Hey, it's early for me too! :)

Something to say?